Finding a prescription medication that works for you can be difficult, especially if you have allergies or other limitations. But you don’t have to choose between uncomfortable or unpalatable prescription medication and no medication; our compound pharmacy can help.
What is Prescription Compounding?
Simply put, prescription compounding is when a prescription medication is altered in some way to fit the unique needs or wants of the patient. This alteration can happen for several reasons:
- The dosage can be altered to match the patient’s weight.
- Several medications can be combined into one dose or capsule.
- One or more ingredients can be substituted to work around the patient’s allergies.
- The medication can be altered for easier application or swallowing.
- The flavor can be altered for picky children or pets.
Everyone has unique needs and restrictions, so the main goal our compound pharmacy is to help each individual patient find a solution that works for them.
As you can see from the options above, many forms of prescription compounding exist, from chronic pain management drugs to the simple (and fun!) process of altering drug flavors for children and pets - all of which are performed at our pharmacy in Billings, MT. To learn more about each process and the opportunities they provide, please click on any of the options above or feel free to contact us.
Who Should Consider Prescription Compounding?
Many people can benefit from prescription compounding, whether they need it once or for every medication. You should consider compounding if:
- You can’t take commercially made prescriptions
- You need an irregularly sized dose, like a smaller dose for an infant
- You have a disability that prevents you from swallowing pills
- You are allergic to a common ingredient, like gluten or dyes
- Your body absorbs medications slowly or quickly
If the medication you need is not provided commercially in a concentration, dosage, or strength that works for you, our professionals at Juro’s Pharmacy can help you determine if you’ll benefit from prescription compounding.
If you need medication help in Billings, MT or the surrounding area including Lockwood, Hardin, Laurel and more, contact our pharmacy at (406) 869-0123 to learn more about prescription compounding, our process, or how compounding can help you. We’re also happy to set up an appointment. We can help you get the medication, supplements, and equipment you need to live your life to the fullest.
A Patient Gets Her Life Back
Need a Compounded Prescription Refilled?
Not finding what you were looking for? Please contact us online or call us at (406) 869-0123 or Toll Free at (800) 523-7404.